Sunday, August 22, 2010

::Sisterhood::

"The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend."
::Cali Rae Turner::

My sister came to visit me this weekend! She was driving to Arkansas from California over 3 days for college and came to stay the second night, Friday night, with me. I love my sister; she is my best friend. Even though it's only been two weeks since I saw her last, I have missed her. I got used to seeing her every day all of last year at Harding, but this year will be different. Next year will be even harder, considering I will be in another country. We plan on talking on Skype...a LOT.

If I were to plan my wedding right now (hypothetically!), my sister would, without a doubt, be my maid of honor. We are only 2 1/2 years apart, and I am grateful for the closeness of our relationship. She is the most beautiful person I know, inside and out. Even though she's younger, I look up to her as an example and an inspiration. She pushes me to be my best and to continue growing in my faith. I would not be who I am today without her; she knows me better than anyone else. It just felt right for her to be here with me in Lubbock.

I wish she could've stayed longer, but we had a wonderful afternoon looking around Lubbock Christian and touring the AIM classroom. We ate at Cracker Barrel (a favorite for both of us), and my wonderful sister even paid for my dinner! We stayed up watching Pushing Daisies and laughing, what we do best :). I know that wherever our paths take us, whether we are near or far apart, my sister will always be my best friend.

-ej

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I don't have a sister (only two younger brothers), but I'm glad your relationship with your sister is so close. It truly is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete