Wednesday, December 15, 2010

::Rejoice!::

"Mary didn't waste a minute. She got up and traveled to a town in Judah in the hill country, straight to Zachariah's house, and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby in her womb leaped. She was filled with the Holy Spirit, and sang out exuberantly, 'You're so blessed among women, and the babe in your womb, also blessed! And why am I so blessed that the mother of my Lord visits me?'"
::Luke 1:39-43 (Message)::

EJ'S COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS: 10 DAYS!

If I could sing like anyone, I'd want to have Enya's voice. She has such an ethereal and fantastical quality to her voice that I just love! This is one of her Christmas songs from her album "And Winter Came."



"O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" by Enya

"O come, o come Emmanuel,
To free your captive Israel.
That mourns in lonely exile here,
Until the Son of God appear.

Rejoice! Rejoice!
O Israel, to you shall
come Emmanuel.

Veni, veni, Emanuel!
Captivum solve Israel!
Qui gemit in exilio,
Privatus Dei Filio.

Gaude, gaude, Emanuel
Nascetur pro te, Israel.

Gaude, gaude

Gaude, gaude, Emanuel
Nascetur pro te, Israel."

Beautiful, isn't it?
-ej

No comments:

Post a Comment