Wednesday, December 08, 2010

::Jonah::

"[Jesus] called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: 'Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven...And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.'" ::Matthew 18:2-3,5::

Today during brownbag we watched a video of a little girl (I believe she's 6) telling the story of Jonah. It is so wonderful to hear such a young child tell the story with enthusiasm and sincerity. I don't think anyone could watch without a smile reaching your face. Jonah is not just a story to her, and it shouldn't be just a story to us either. Please take the time out of your day to watch this roughly 8 minute long video. I promise that it is worth your time :).



My challenge to you is that next time you sit down to read your Bible, see the the stories through the eyes of a child and let them come alive! It's not a boring history book; it's filled with real people and a real God who wants you to get to know Him!

May we never tire of reading God's Word.

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

-ej

1 comment:

  1. I love this! She is just too cute, and so expressive! Yes, I believe it's more than just a story to her. Although on behalf of your dad..."boring history book"??? Really! :) Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete