Friday, September 03, 2010

::Retreat!::

"That perfect tranquillity of life, which is nowhere to be found but in retreat, a faithful friend and a good library." ::Aphra Behn::

I apologize for my lack of posts this week! It is the fourth week and therefore midterm. We have been busy each and every night to the point that I have barely been online this week; highly unusual for me. My tests went well, thanks for asking, but I'm very glad it's Friday!

This weekend, as a part of the Sunset area church, I am going to Blue Haven camp for the high school retreat. I am leaving in an hour for New Mexico and won't return for a full week. We will be putting on skits and doing anything that needs done. Instead of coming back to Lubbock on Monday with the rest of the group, the 5 AIMers going to Sunset congregation and our assistants will hang around the mountains of New Mexico for an extra day.

Our AIM class retreat begins on Tuesday, so we will meet up with the other AIMers at the Mountain View camp elsewhere in New Mexico. Our retreat runs from Tuesday through Friday with no cell phones, internet, movies, tv or outside distractions. I am really looking forward to 8 days away from modern society!

After I return, I promise a nice long blog post about the week and how things are going for our class. Please pray for all of the AIMers to enjoy the rest and really get to bond with each other, as well as for safe travel.

And just for your enjoyment, here's a brand new Owl City song from the movie "Legend of the Guardians." :)


-ej

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great week! And that's a very good video too!

    ReplyDelete