Wednesday, September 15, 2010

::Fork in the Road::

"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." ::Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)::

One of the things I LOVE about AIM is our teachers really make us think about things. We aren't just learning knowledge of the Bible; we are challenged to change to be more like Jesus. I once heard someone say that Christians should be forks in the road; when people encounter us, they should be forced to choose between being pulled closer to Jesus or turn away from Him. The point is that we need to impact people so that they cannot remain the same. It's something I desire and strive to be, and fail at often.

When people met Jesus, they had to make a choice: believe He is the Son of God- the Messiah, or deny Him and go your own way alone. Jesus was the ultimate fork in the road. The teachers at AIM are striving to be like Jesus, and therefore they too are forks in the road. When they teach, we are encounter Jesus and are forced to make a choice. We either choose to become more like Jesus, or push Him farther away. But we cannot remain the same.

I wish I could share with you all of what I have learned. I do hope to share pieces of the treasures I am learning as time goes on. Here is a short skit we watched in my Life of Christ class that caused me to shed a few tears, even. This video is a fork in the road. Once you watch it, you will be faced with a choice. I know what I choose, and I pray you choose the same.



I am God's original masterpiece. So are you. I pray that God will continue to chisel both you and I until all people see is Jesus in us.

-ej

1 comment:

  1. In my life, through this blog, you are certainly a fork in the road for me. Thank you for taking the time to be one.

    My brother was able to write me the transcript for this video earlier and this is a great video. It made me cry too.

    ReplyDelete