Saturday, November 13, 2010

::I'm a Survivor::

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
::Paul in 1 Timothy 4:12::

We have had a somewhat stressful time these last few weeks as we have sorting teams and choosing fields. As of two nights ago, we have a "potential" Ukraine team of 2 guys/2 girls! I'm really really excited about the 4 of us working together, but we shall have to wait to see if anything changes. The official announcement of teams will be in the beginning of December, but it is possible for changes to be made after that. However, I really hope it stays the 4 of us :).

Ukraine is my first choice field, and my top choice for girl is also wanting to go to Ukraine! After getting to know the missionary a little and hearing about the work and possibilities in Kharkov, I have felt a calling to go there. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I feel God may already be preparing me for Ukraine.

Last night was the Sunset youth girls' retreat! It was the second all-night girls' retreat I've had in nearly a week at the same place. There was cookie-decorating, karaoke, necklace crafts, games, food, a lesson, and even some sleep. The theme was 1 Timothy 4:12, which is always a good verse for young people to hear.

During karaoke, one of the songs sung was "I'm a Survivor" by Destiny's Child and I noticed a line I had never heard before:
"I'm not gonna compromise my Christianity (I'm better than that)"

I've heard that song many many times before, but next time I might sing it with a new attitude. I'm a survivor. And no matter what happens, bad or good, I'm not gonna compromise my Christianity.

-ej

1 comment:

  1. I never noticed that line before either. Thank you for pointing it out.

    And you were right. God did prepare you for Ukraine. :)

    ReplyDelete