Friday, November 05, 2010

::Hiding Place::

"Seek goodness everywhere, and when it is found, bring it out of its hiding place and let it be free and unashamed." 
::William Saroyan::

I apologize for taking a week off of blogging. I have been fighting off sickness as well as having some preoccupations for my time. My sister has been ill and had her gallbladder removed this past Tuesday in Arkansas. She is still recovering from the surgery, but is doing much better! Also on Tuesday, I had the honor of speaking in Ladies' chapel at Sunset. I really enjoyed the opportunity, and it was so encouraging to hear responses from everyone.

Our last field presentation was on Monday. Wednesday night after church, we actually filled out our lists for top fields and our "dream team"! It's really exciting to be working on teams now. For the next week, we can move our names around into different fields on a board in a AIM room. We will start forming our own teams that way, until we reach a stand-still and the director's will have the final say on teams. Please be in prayer for this whole process and for all of the AIMers to give any worry to God.

We had a AIM girls' lock-in last night, which was a lot of fun! We discussed the different stages of relationship with Jesus. Tomorrow we have a cook-out in Hart, and I'm not even sure of my own plans for the evening!

For the rest of this post, I thought I would share some pictures from our Paducah/Harding trip!

  on the Paducah church bus

flowers at my host home in Missouri
"To behold the beauty of the Lord" Psalm 27:4

Pinocchio statue in St. Louis' City Garden

the St. Louis arch

morning devo in Paducah

climbing in the garden of the gods in Illinois:
"In the secret place of His tent He will hide me... 

...He will lift me up on a rock" Psalm 27:5b


-ej

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your sister is doing better, your speech at the chapel went well, and you're having lots of fun at AIM too. Wonderful pictures with great captions!

    ReplyDelete